Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's All About Me

Perhaps it is best that I introduce myself before we get this thing rolling. I am inclined to believe that you can’t easily evaluate a blogger’s text without a little context.

I come to the steep hills of Mt. Lebanon from the swampy suburbs of Washington, DC. As I trade in my Virginia driver’s license for one with a Mt. Lebanon zip code (anyone know where the DMV is?), I will lend to BlogLebo the perspective of a late twenty-something, recently married, non-native.

I chose Mt. Lebanon as the location of my first home in part because of its small-town-yet-close-to-the-city atmosphere, beautiful homes, wonderful (though not untroubled) schools, and…because I was sick of living with my in-laws in Beaver County!

Don’t think me naïve or a newbie to the blogosphere. I come from a region where the local MSM and blog coverage is as critical and insightful as its national counterparts (though in DC they are often one and the same). Yet I am no longer a Washingtonian, but rather a Lebonite, so stay tuned as I add my two cents on all things Mt. Lebanon.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger SeanusWeanus said...

Thank you. Glad to know I am not the only DC expatriate. Cost of living is what drove us here as well, and we picked Mt. Lebo because it felt alot like our Arlington neighborhood we like so much.

August 11, 2005 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll enjoy it here...especially from the financial standpoint...considering that my wife and I had friends in from Maryland (near Rockville) and were told that our 100K house in Mt. Lebanon would sell for 400K or more in their neighborhood! Woah!

August 14, 2005 1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a life-long yinzer who grew up in Beaver County and is now in the north hills, I find that our families think we live far far away. If your in-laws are anything like mine, they will consider driving to the south hills an awfully big adventure. Mine continue to marvel that we don't stay in BC overnight, seeing as we have such a long, dangerous drive home. (35 miles)

August 15, 2005 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home