Saturday, August 13, 2005

My Turn

Steve's given you some information on who we are and what brought us back to Mt. Lebanon. On a good day, we're glad to be back. On a bad day, I miss Florida's diversity, being able to get Cuban coffee at the 24-hour cafeteria on the corner and the weather. Most days are good days and we do what we can to add some flavor to our "new old" home.

My blog, Mojitos in MTL, will give you some background on my activities in Cuba and posticommunications.com will give you some information about my business.

As Steve mentioned, I'm one of the Democratic nominees for Mt. Lebanon School Board. I'd rather keep the details of my campaign here, but my basic reason for running is not due to a bet I lost over beers at Bado's, but rather a desire to help the district improve communication with the community and take greater care in fiscal responsibility. Since much of the reason we returned to Mt. Lebanon was the District, I suppose this is a way to put my money (or in this case, time) where my mouth is.

I'm not sure if the fact that I grew up here and left for 16 years will offer any interesting insight or make me just sound like some old lady whining, "Back in my day..." but thanks for asking me to join in, Mike.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home