Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Anyone Interested in Forming Team Lebo for WorldQuest?

Join Vivisimo, The Circumnavigators, Art Institute (2 teams), Federated Investors, Post-Gazette, Point Park College, Alcoa Technical, Canada Connect, IBC Katz, PCIV and many more corporations, colleges and non-profits.

Master of Ceremonies WTAE News Anchor Sally Wiggin will help you test your international IQ in this team-based game and evening of fun.

Wednesday, October 5, 2005
5:30-8:00 p.m.
The Rivers Club, One Oxford Centre, Downtown Pittsburgh $20.00 per person (or) $120.00 for a team of up to 6 players

Form your own team of 4 to 6 players - or come on your own. Leave with a prize, lots of new knowledge, and connections.

Check out the recent coverage from the Tribune for more info.

Reservations by Friday, September 30 by calling Becky at (412-281-7972) or email welcome@worldaffairspittsburgh.org (advance payment suggested).
Bookmark and Share

12 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Mann said...

This sounds like fun. I'd be willing to be on a WorldQuest team. I'm pretty strong on history and moderately strong on geography.

While I've never made it to Jeopardy (the test is REALLY hard), I was on the University of Pittsuburgh College Bowl Team in 1979. We came in second in regional play.

September 14, 2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger Mike Madison said...

Well, I did make to Jeopardy!, but the timing couldn't be worse. :-(

September 14, 2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger Joe Polk said...

Mike:

What do you mean -- the timing couldn't be worse? Were you actually asked to go out to Hollywood but you couldn't? That stinks!

September 14, 2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger Mike Madison said...

Ah. I was unclear.

I actually appeared on Jeopardy! I lost.

But the timing of the (current) WorldQuest competition is terrible for me; I'd like to do it but don't have the time right now.

September 15, 2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie Mann said...

Mike,

I've had three friends make it to Jeopardy. One won one game, then lost. One lost the first time but was asked back because one of the answers she gave was right after all. Another was a Seniors Tourney player (she either won the whole thing or came in second).

September 15, 2005 11:08 AM  
Blogger Mike Madison said...

What they say about Jeopardy! (don't forget that exclamation point; Alex Trebek isn't nearly as urbane in person as he is on TV) is true: Knowing the answers isn't the hard part. The hard part is wrestling with the signaling button.

September 15, 2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Matt C. Wilson said...

Mike,

I wonder if I saw that episode. How recently were you on the show?

I'd love to join a team Joe.

September 16, 2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Laurie Mann said...

So do we have at least two people interested in forming a team? Are there two more?

September 16, 2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Mike Madison said...

Matt,
The episode was taped in February 2001 and broadcast the following May. People have told me that they've seen it since in reruns.
Mike

September 18, 2005 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Jeopardy, I came across this link, which features all of the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy segments, in my opinion the best thing to happen to the show since Tina Fey.

http://www.smithappens.com/video_celebrityjeopardy.php

September 19, 2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I'd be interested in playing also. Please let me know if you need another player!

September 20, 2005 5:47 PM  
Blogger Laurie Mann said...

Given that we didn't seem able to get four people to commit to a team early enough, I signed up as a single player. If we do wind up getting four people, I'm willing to call to see if we can still field a team from Mount Lebanon.

September 21, 2005 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home