Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lebo: Blog-Lebo Commenting Changes

It's a glorious Fall day, but the blogosphere is making me unhappy. I'm worn out from dealing with Anonymous and some pseudonymous comments on the blog. So, while I'm reluctant to do this, I'm making a change:

From this point forward, and subject to further revision in the future:

No anonymous comments will be permitted. To post a comment, you will have to create a Blogger profile, you will have to allow that profile to be shared (i.e., the rest of the world can see who you are), and you will have to include your real name on the profile.

I realize that this may cut down on the number of comments, and I realize that it may discourage some people from commenting altogether. I'm willing to pay that price, since I am hoping that the obligation to put your name with your post improves the tone of the content.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Mann said...

Good idea.

People should have the courage of their convictions and sign their own name.

I tried having comments on my blog (twice even) and just wound up with ravers so I shut down comments permanently.

October 30, 2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger Mike Madison said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 30, 2005 10:57 PM  
Blogger Joe Polk said...

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more. If people need to hide behind anonymous comments, then maybe the comments are worth making anyways. I think it's better to speak your peace in the blog and have a healthy discussion/debate. No one will hold it against anyone if they use their real name. If anything, that would make me respect the person more for speaking their mind -- especially regarding a controversial topic -- and using their real name to do so.

October 31, 2005 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home