Friday, April 07, 2006

Lebo: *Not* Rodeo Drive!

Rich W. summarizes a clip from KDKA that characterized Washington Road in Mt. Lebanon as "Pittsburgh's Rodeo Drive." Ouch! I suspect that a lot of people in Mt. Lebanon will disagree with me on this, but that label hurts. First of all, it isn't accurate. I've walked and driven the real Rodeo Drive. I know the real Rodeo Drive. Washington Road, you're no Rodeo Drive! Second and more important, the real Rodeo Drive is the heart of an insufferably self-important upper crust community.

Wait a minute . . . .
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Potts said...

If I was going to carelessly compare a local shopping district with Rodeo Drive, to which I've never been, I'd probably pick Walnut Street in Shadyside. I mean, would you find a place like C.C.'s (I assume it's still open) on Rodeo Drive?

April 10, 2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger Mike Madison said...

C.C.'s is still open, certainly. And Walnut Street, too, is no Rodeo Drive!

April 10, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Laurie Mann said...

Sure, there are a couple of upscale stores, but not that many. Heck, I still shop on Washington Rd. pretty regularly!

April 11, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Mike, I have a friend who lives a couple of blocks from Rodeo Drive.

She's super down to earth and can't afford to shop on Rodeo Drive!

April 22, 2006 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home