Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sixty-Eight Deer Killed During Cull, Officials Pleased

Sharpshooters for the U.S. Department of Agriculture have virtually wrapped up their cull in Mt. Lebanon, with 68 deer taken over seven days since February.

In a summary given to Mt. Lebanon Public Works Director Tom Kelley, the USDA tallies list the kill totals as: seven adult males, 14 juvenile males, 30 adult females and 17 juvenile females.

"It went exceptionally well," said Craig B. Swope, a district supervisor and wildlife biologist with the USDA. "I could not have dreamed of a better outcome."

Link: www.post-gazette.com/pg/07095/775164-55.stm

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god i can finally take the coffee pot off my head and bring my family out of the basement. Plus the dog looks tired from wearing that bullet proof vest for the last 2 months.

I wonder how we're going to wash the orange paint off him...

April 10, 2007 12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two deer left in my back yard have broken legs. All the good looking ones are gone. I would have thought they would keep the healthiest alive.

April 13, 2007 12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd imagine it's hard to only shoot every injured deer in a township in only 7 nights. And who's to say that a deer that can survive with a broken leg isn't tougher than all those 4 legged deer?

If there was a guy that walked around on a broken leg and out competed me for food, he'd be one tough SOB.

April 14, 2007 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I imagine "sharp shooters" I imagine guys with night vision googles and lots of cools laser guns. The guys I imagine could pick out the gimpy deer.
I'm half kidding here by the way. I LOVE the deer.

April 14, 2007 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and you have some vivid imagination, this isn't the movies.

April 19, 2007 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home