Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother-Daughter Businesses Make Wash. Road Home

They are business partners who love and trust one another, and who are, in many cases, best friends who live a stone's throw apart. Open and honest, they engage in vibrant, disagreements without threat of damaging their strong bond.

Some of these business partners even vacation together. But perhaps the biggest selling item: "I get to spend time with my child," said Nancy Rohm, who co-owns Zipper Blues with her daughter, Jamie Rohm.

"I don't know what I would do without my mom," said Donna Deguilio, who operates Moda Donnatella with her mother, Vienna Vizzoca. "I couldn't have picked a better partner," said Tamiko Sampson of daughter Tami Sampson. The pair co-own The Fabric Place.

They are three of a number of mother-daughter duos who are in business together in the 1600--1700 block of Washington Road in Mt. Lebanon.

Link: www.postgazette.com/pg/07130/784665-55.stm

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home