Friday, August 03, 2007

Cable Choice Could Be Years Away

Most of the Mt. Lebanon community should get FiOS TV service within three years, according to the municipality's agreement with Verizon, which it posted on its Web site after introducing an ordinance to approve it. It could be six years before homes farthest from the wire centers get service, and fiber-optic lines won't be run to areas where there are fewer than 30 occupied homes per mile, the agreement states.

Link: www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/today/s_520142.html

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a FiOS early-adopter, I've been eagerly awaiting TV service. I was unaware that any additional wiring need be done, however. I was told by the tech who installed my FiOS internet service that when they roll out TV they'll just hook up the set-top boxes and hook up the ONT to my internal cable wiring.

Maybe that tech just didn't know what he was talking about.

August 09, 2007 8:43 AM  
Blogger Bill Matthews said...

At the Commission Meeting tonight - the Verizon Rrepresentative said about 80% of MTL is wired, and they are working on the balance.

FIOS TV will be available as early as October 1 for the homes served by the central office closest to Dormont. The other 3 COs should be online by year end.

August 13, 2007 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spoke with a Verizon representative today (9/26) and he claimed that FIOS TV will be available in Mt Lebanon on November 8th 2007.

September 26, 2007 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually pre-ordered FIOS TV today. I was able to get a Triple Play type package (I already have Verizon phone & internet). The CSR that I spoke with also verified that the go live date was 11/08/07.

I live near the intersection of Cochran and Beverly. Give Verizon a call and see if TV service is available in your area. Here is a post that I made on another forum: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19175950-Finally

October 01, 2007 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home