Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trail Of Hoboes Led Lebo Historian To Biography

Tuesday's phone call interrupted a morning of sled riding for Todd DePastino and his children. With Mt. Lebanon schools shut by the weather, the 41-year-old historian was enjoying the kind of free time his career as a writer brings him.

"You can call me an 'independent historian,' I guess," DePastino said. "I'm a full-time writer and that gives me freedom and time to work -- when my daughters are usually in school."

A Mt. Lebanon High School graduate, he and his family settled there after DePastino earned a doctorate in history from Yale University because "we really like it here." He also teaches part-time at Penn State University's Beaver campus and Waynesburg University.

Link: www.post-gazette.com/pg/08048/857554-74.stm

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home