Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Celebrate the Holiday

For those of us who celebrate Christmas, today is Christmas Eve. Whatever you celebrate -- Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, Festivus, something else, or all or none of these -- I hope that you are able to stay close to friends and family this week, wherever you find yourself. We'll be here in town, happily. For all of the anxieties that beset Mt. Lebanon, in the end it is a remarkable community, and I and my family are fortunate that we tripped into moving here 10 years ago. We value our friends and neighbors and the spirit of a place that encourages all of us to get involved, even if we disagree, sometimes strongly, about its present and future. Warm wishes to all of you.

I'll be busy with other things for the next week or so, which means that I'll be stepping away from the keyboard for a bit. (To those of you who used to read Pittsblog, take notice! It's coming back.) Thanks for reading, thanks for writing, and I'll see and hear from you in the New Year.

Mike

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home