Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Emily Miller, Pittsburgh Female Athlete Of The Week

Miller scored a game-high 21 points, including 15 in the second half, as Mt. Lebanon topped Cardinal O'Hara in the PIAA Class AAA championship game at Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center on Friday.

"The game was just incredible," Miller said. "Cardinal O'Hara was a good team with five Division-I players, so it meant a lot to beat them in the state playoffs.

"I really like playing with these girls, and I'm glad I could end my high school career with them."

The Blue Devils finished the season 31-0, was the only unbeaten team in the state this season and the first WPIAL girls team to accomplish the feat since Mt. Alvernia in 1983.

Link: www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/highschool/s_617638.html

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home