Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lebo Athletic Facilities: School Board Candidates Respond

Two candidates for the Mt. Lebanon School Board, incumbent Jo Posti and challenger Rob Gardner, have posted joint responses Incumbent School Director Jo Posti, who is running for reelection, has posted responses to the "athletic facilities questionnaire" that's the subject of this earlier Blog-Lebo post.

Read their her full comments here. On the whole, the comments strike me as balanced. Nice work.

Added: Rob Gardner comments below to note that he will be posting his own responses shortly.

And now read Rob Gardner's comments in response to the athletic facilities questionnaire.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob Gardner said...

Mike

The comments currently posted on This Way Forward's website are those of Jo Posti. Mine will be posted later today.

I look forward to seeing all the candidate's responses on Blog Lebo.

Thanks

Rob Gardner

April 15, 2009 12:14 PM  
Blogger Bill Matthews said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 15, 2009 7:48 PM  
Blogger Bill Matthews said...

I am going to steal shamelessly from Mike - because he said it well and it is worth repeating: "When I evaluate candidates and when I vote ... I'm trying to find the candidate who I think has the best combination of background, skills, interests, and temperament to serve as a community leader: to identify priorities, to differentiate among kinds of need, and to make decisions ..."This is one of the reasons why (even though we do not always agree) I like Jo Posti as a candidate and why I have not warmed up to Mr. Gardner.

Remarks like the following in Rob's questionnaire answer, illustrate ill-founded priorities and needs: "It’s stunning to me that so many families (like mine) are paying to use the pool at the JCC rather than supporting and enjoying a pool in their own community."Personally, I am thrilled to have such a FABULOUS community facility, which provides FABULOUS community services in OUR neighborhood.

‘nuf said.

April 15, 2009 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home