Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Movie Night in Mt. Lebanon

The Denis Theatre may or may not come back, but classic film aficionados are taking advantage of the location and the summer weather nonetheless. Over at Denis Theatre - Act 2, Gwyn Cready reports on the first "Last Saturday" movie night last Friday evening. "Bringing Up Baby," the classic Cary Grant/Katharine Hepburn/Baby screwball comedy, was on the menu, and Gwyn reports that a great time was had by all.

Future "Last Saturday" screenings include "My Bread, My Sweet" on July 25, and "Mad, Hot Ballroom" on August 29. Something for everyone, I guess (I'll be traveling and can't make the shows, so never mind me), but if I had my druthers, I'd show nothing but Howard Hawks and George Cukor films, with "Casablanca" on tap in a regular rotation.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home