Sunday, October 11, 2009

Clotheslines in Mt. Lebanon?

And while I'm asking questions:

Are there any rules or regulations in Mt. Lebanon, or in any of its residential developments, that prohibit hanging clothes on clotheslines?

Again, I looked around the Municipality's website but found nothing.

The question is prompted by this front page story in the NY Times about ongoing clothesline battles in private communities and condo developments -- some of them not exactly "high end," to rely on a stereotype -- over clotheslines.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that type of regulation is more common in gated type communities with housing associations. I can attest to the fact my folks had a small umbrella shaped clothes line in our backyard on Pinetree (the Manor) in the 60s-70s. It was portable and could be taken down when not in use. Us kids were forever tripping over the metal holder that was in the ground. If I'm correct the current fuss is about environmentally friendly clotheslines versus the fact they are not friendly on the eyes. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In the city I would hang some stuff outside in nice weather.

Marjie Crist

October 11, 2009 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home