Monday, May 17, 2010

Mt. Lebanon Students Stage A Smooth, Slick, Skilled 'Millie'

Mt. Lebanon is about as good as it gets for high school musicals.

This is my 20th year writing about these infectious springtime rituals for the Post-Gazette. Although I've limited myself to four or five each year (you can have too much of a good thing), my total now comes to 91 musicals at 59 different high schools, mostly in Allegheny County.

So I have grounds for saying, based on just one visit to Mt. Lebanon, that its "Thoroughly Modern Millie" ranks with the best I've seen at Woodland Hills, North Allegheny, Gateway and CAPA, to cite some other strong programs off the top of my head.

Read more: www.post-gazette.com/pg/10133/1057685-55.stm

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rob Papke said...

Curious detail, The link to the Post Gazette that you provided to "read more" did not include the full review. The link that you provided seems to have left out the portion of the review concerning our Stalin era architecture; I'm sure that this made "Uncle Joe" proud.

May 23, 2010 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob and PG:
Are you kidding me... Stalin-era architecture!
To any resident remaining of "the greatest generation" or their offspring, that paid for that auditorium should be "mad as hell."
Or perhaps I suppose in homeage to "Uncle Joe" you are suggesting we should turn Lebo into one big gulag to pay for a new one.
Dean Spahr

May 24, 2010 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Rob Papke said...

Joe and Tom-Please accept my apology for I did not see the paragraph that related to the architecture of The Little Theater.
@Dean-Perhaps you are on to something, a musical verison of "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich".

May 25, 2010 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one- Rob!
Dean Spahr

May 25, 2010 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home