Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Almanac Letter: Mt. Lebanon blog is entertaining

Here at Blog-Lebo, we have always striven to offer our readers the very best in entertainment value. Now, in a letter to The Almanac, we learn that our efforts have finally been recognized:
In recent weeks, Blog Lebo has reached new heights for entertainment value. The blog, originally started as a thoughtful and well written series of comments on Mt. Lebanon, eventually became so nutty that the originator walked away.

Many people, who read it now for the first time, assume it is a parody due to the hilarious comments from the handful of people who have an opinion on everything and anything.

They seem to fall into two categories, the tin hat society or the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore" group. In recent blogs, one of them suggests that "the entire school board must be communists if they don't sell all of the school buildings, fire half of the teachers and put everyone into one building in order to save money".

The other group, led by a former school director who was forced to resign, advocates that anything other than English and science classes should not be the responsibility of the school district and should be paid for separately with money raised by volunteers.

If anyone dares to disagree with their comments, the rebuttals are similar to taunts from fourth-graders on the play ground, ("Apparently you can't read English!"). The fact that five people make up 90 percent of the comments should make this thing so tedious and silly that most people put it in the same context as the nut cases who walk around with signs proclaiming the end of the world.

Since less than .01% of the people who read this paper actually read the blog, I am afraid this is the case. However, I would encourage people to read the blog as an alternative to the astrology section or the comics. It is certainly more entertaining than either.

James Cannon
I would like to correct one error in Mr. Cannon’s letter. It says that Blog-Lebo’s founder walked away from our beloved blog after it became too “nutty.” I have been in touch with our founder, Mr. Mike Madision, and he assures me that Mr. Cannon is mistaken. The reason he left, he told me, is because Blog-Lebo was not nutty enough.

Read more:

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger JE Cannon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 02, 2010 10:06 AM  
Blogger JE Cannon said...

Here I am again, having to distinguish myself from one of our ranting seniors.

The irony of my father’s rant isn’t lost on me or, I dare say, anyone else with an IQ over 50. He rails on against people who read the blog yet his entire letter is based on…um…well…his having read the blog. Unreal. Talk about entertainment value…I suppose I could very simply ask, if Blog Lebo is so irrelevant, Dad, why do you keep posting on it and writing letters to the editor based on things you see on this site? Go away. Go do something else with your time if this site is so meaningless to you personally. Nobody is forcing you to read this.

The implication in seems to be, if anyone disagrees with my father (and thus, by virtue of his unending support and defense of her indefensible positions, my sister Josephine Posti), those people must be mentally unstable. Very classy, Dad, as usual. I have to assume there are some people on your street who disagree with the school project. Have you approached your neighbors to make clear your position they’re crazy? Has Jo approached people on Arden to let them know if they disagree with her they should immediately seek professional help?

It’s disingenuous and dishonest to assert that anyone on this blog who disagrees with anyone else is attacked and labeled. (Oh, the irony being the use of terms like “tin hat society” and “nut cases” while chastising regular contributors to the site for calling each other names.) I don’t know why you’re so angry. Perhaps it’s because you spent so much time propping up Josephine’s positions and you now realize it was pure folly to do so? I can understand that level of frustration. It’s embarrassing. Or maybe it’s because you just can’t stand people ignoring you, which pretty much everyone on this site does. That’s also embarrassing. And I think we can all relate to not wanting to feel embarrassed. But your silly tantrums don’t do you any favors in the public eye.

I’m disappointed in the Almanac for not doing the proper research. First off, there are no facts to substantiate any of Cannon senior’s ridiculous and insulting claims. Second, had the paper looked it into it, they would have found a majority of the community actually disagrees with the school project and thus, disagree with my father’s position. How else do you explain getting ten percent of the entire municipal population to sign a petition opposing the project in its current form? Surely not every one of those people is insane.

I applaud this blog. It seems to be just about the only honest and open dialogue available for discussion of the ruinous and ill-conceived high school project. So keep up the good work. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go find my tin hat so I can hang out with the thousands of “nutcases” in our community.

September 02, 2010 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home