Friday, October 29, 2010

The Almanac: ML Brew Fest will benefit veterans

My dad was a veteran, a handsome man in his military uniform. Even though I was a baby when he served our country, a photo I have of him in his Army khakis is my favorite. It's the picture I have in my mind when I look at his name engraved on the veterans monument in Canonsburg.

Traditional monuments or living memorials can be seen in most communities across the U.S., built as a reminder of the sacrifices of men and women who served to protect our freedom.

Read the full article:

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matt Hershberger said...

So we couldn't find a better way to raise money than with alcohol? What is WRONG with Mt. Lebanon? Kegs at little league baseball games, keg parties while kids are trick or treating. Is this REALLY the signal we want to send to our kids?

Perhaps we can do something with a positive message to our youth.

November 01, 2010 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home