Monday, November 01, 2010

Kenmont Avenue Gets the Halloween Treatment Once Again

Yesterday, on my way to Aldo Coffee, I strolled south on Kenmont Avenue. Soon after crossing Bower Hill Road, I was greeted by a strange vision.

White steamers filled the air. Shivering in the wind, they hung from every branch of every tree. The trees had become ghostly jellyfish, their filmy tentacles in search of prey upon the sidewalk.

Kenmont had been toilet-papered. Again.


Kenmont Avenue on Sunday afternoon, 31 October, 2010.

Seeing a gentleman washing his car, I asked him if the street gets “the treatment” every year. He said he had lived there for twenty-one years, and it’s happened every year he can remember.

When I asked him who did it, he wasn’t sure. Kids, he guessed.

So, what’s the story? Why Kenmont? Anybody care to fill me in?

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time we run out of toilet paper,
I'll pass Dollar General and head on over to Kenmont. Ugh! David Huston

November 01, 2010 5:38 PM  
Anonymous John Ewing said...

Who dat say "UGh' about Dollar General?

November 01, 2010 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Steve Karlovich said...

I lived on Kenmont for many years, my first year there it was a totally unexpected event.

But like wishing for freshly fallen snow on Christmas morning the magical TPing of the trees would always signify that Halloween had come!

And no amount of expensive decorations from Rolliers or Spirit can match the artist beauty of the Great Pumpkin's TP.

November 01, 2010 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up on kenmont, we have been doing the tp as long as can be remembered. Now the grown kids come back to the street to recreate those childhood memories with their own children. So much fun!!!!

September 28, 2014 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home