Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Construction Has Begun On SpringHill Suites


Construction on the new SpringHill Suites hotel has finally begun on Washington Road. As you'll see in the picture, protective fencing has gone up around the entire construction area and the sidewalk is closed between the Howard Hanna offices and the Executive Building. It's great to see new construction on the street, especially something like this that will bring more people to our main street.

Note: While taking the picture, I saw a number of people walking and running along the fence -- which is a lane of traffic. Please be smart and cross the street and use the sidewalk there!

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Did the hotel people balk at or object to having to comply with the Fire Code requirements ?

Bill Lewis

May 10, 2011 10:58 AM  
Blogger James Fraasch said...

I don't know about the fire code, I am just glad to see its getting started. It's needed and I will happily let them take a parking spot on my driveway if they need it (for a small fee of course)!

May 10, 2011 12:47 PM  
Blogger Joe Polk said...

Bill:

I can't answer that question for you. I'd suggest talking to our fire chief Nick Sohyda about that.

May 10, 2011 3:55 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I'm just glad it's coming. It's bringing property onto the real estate tax roll while providing a convenient place for the extended family to stay when they visit.

May 16, 2011 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home