Tuesday, February 07, 2012

P-G: 3 hospitalized from smoke in Mt. Lebanon fire

Three people were hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a mattress caught fire at a Mt. Lebanon apartment complex early today.

Platoon Chief Glenn Wallace said firefighters were called to 53 Academy Ave. by a woman who thought she smelled smoke about 2 a.m. Firefighters traced the smoke to a first-floor apartment with an unlocked door and found four people inside. Three of the occupants had to be awakened and needed assistance getting out of the apartment while a fourth made it out without help, he said.

Read the full article:Additional article (with video):

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoke alarms & CO monitors, folks....we should all have them in and throughout our residences. And unlocked front doors...at night ?

Bill Lewis

February 07, 2012 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Steve Jameson said...

And people smart enough NOT to smoke in bed?

Think of how many people could have been killed because of this!

February 10, 2012 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now hear on good authority that there was in fact a smoke alarm in the apartment, but the battery had been taken out !

Bill Lewis

February 10, 2012 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home