Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Trib: Transfer Anyang is helping Mt. Lebanon maintain Class AAAA potency

Mt. Lebanon boys basketball coach Joe David isn't surprised by his team's 13-4 record or its current nine-game winning streak.

And, with a player such as 6-foot-4 senior Kamic Anyang, why should he be?

The transfer from Grand Rapids, Mich., has been one of the WPIAL's biggest surprises this winter. He averages 14.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game, numbers that only seem to get bigger the more comfortable Anyang gets in the Class AAAA No. 2 Blue Devils' system.

Read the full article:

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger James Fraasch said...

"Honestly, the effort that the guys bring every day, it wouldn't make a difference if I played," Anyang said. "Sometimes when I'm playing, I look at the guys and the way that they're playing, and I just do what they do. The way they kill themselves out there, they do it for me, and I'm going to do the same thing."

That right there is the mark of a good coach, a good team, and a great kid.

Congrats and continued success.

James

February 01, 2012 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home